Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Lindsay Lohan’s Recent Hit-and-run Charges Dropped

News reports recently revealed that Lindsay Lohan’s hit-and-run charges resulting from a September incident was already dropped.

It can be remembered that Lohan was recently charged with hit-and-run following the incident that occurred in a luxury Manhattan Hotel last September 19;

It was said that as Lohan was parking her car at Dream Hotel in New York, she allegedly hit the knee of a man and subsequently proceeded to the hotel to attend a gathering as if nothing happened.

Consequently, although the man was not seriously injured, he was transported to a hospital after complaining of pain. Physicians said that the victim had torn tendons and was given with prescription medicine.

As a result of the incident, Lohan was booked for hit-and-run charges. However, she was later released without bail.

On the other hand, the 26-year-old actress denied that she had sideswiped someone. In fact, she claimed that she was not even aware that such incident occurred.

Fortunately for Lohan, police believed her statement since the latter think that the actress was sober during her arrest. Therefore, she was not even required to take a breathalyzer test.

In addition, if the incident so happened, it was indeed possible that the young actress did not feel the collision since it was too minor.

Furthermore, the video footage requested by Lohan’s party apparently played a key role in Lohan’s defense over her alleged hit-and-run act since it failed to reveal the identities of the pedestrians passing near the parking lot when she passed by.

Recent reports claimed that the prosecutors in Lohan’s hit-and-run case ruled that there was not enough evidence to support the victim’s claim. Therefore, the case against the actress was finally dropped.

However, the alleged victim can still pursue a civil case against Lohan if he deems it fit.

In the meantime, Lohan should not be too victorious since the case was not yet totally resolved, pending the accuser’s decision whether to push the case or not.

But at least, the actress should be somehow thankful that she got some giant leap to weaken the case due to lack of solid evidences, a car accident attorney in Los Angeles commented.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Crazy Town Lead Singer Sued for 2010 Car Crash

Image gives credit to the 
Hollywood Reporter.
After falling into a drug-induced coma early this year, Crazy Town lead singer Seth Binzer is now facing a lawsuit concerning his involvement in a 2010 car accident.

In her lawsuit, Erika Holmes claimed that she was permanently injured after the said incident.  She further claimed that the Butterfly rapper was wantonly, recklessly, and tortuously driving his car when he rammed her vehicle, which caused her severe personal injuries.

Binzer, who is best-known for his stage name, Shifty Shellshock, is currently being questioned in court regarding his real name.

The lawsuit was filed in Los Angeles, California seeking for unspecified damages, which include general- and medical-related expenses.

It can be remembered that last April, Binzer suffered from a drug-induced coma, which he luckily survived. Previous reports revealed that Binzer went on a binge of pills, Gamma Hydroxybutyric acid (GHB), and crack and fell into coma.

It can be remembered that back in 2001, Binzer was one of the singers who were riding in fame. However, a lot of things have changed for him since then.

Last year, the rapper had a stint in the reality TV show, Celebrity Rehab. Consequently, the past few years have not been good for him.

Accordingly, the increase of car related disaster is the most common reason why people who got involved in car accidents bring up their personal injury claims in courts across the country.

Moreover, as observed by several personal injury lawyers, the increasing number of traffic accidents and injuries cannot really be avoided despite the efforts being exerted by both federal and state government. Apparently, the root cause of the problem is the hundreds of irresponsible motorists hitting the road every day.

Monday, October 8, 2012

California Train Mishap Injures 20

Photo gives credit to the original owner, 
Diane Tuazon of CBS 47 TV.
At least 20 persons sustained injuries following the truck and train collision that occurred in Central California.

According to news reports, a tractor-trailer truck loaded with cotton seeds failed to yield at a rail crossing signal. Consequently, it crashed with an Amtrak passenger train near the city of Hanford, some 30 miles south of Fresno, Kings County. At least three of the five cars of the passenger train were pushed off the track due to the collision’s impact.

Previous news stories revealed that at least 20 passengers of the train have sustained minor to severe injuries from the incident. Most of the injuries incurred by the passengers were cuts, bumps, bruises, scrapes, and broken bones, according to Kings County Assistant Sheriff Dave Putnam.

Additionally, some of the injured were transported to the Community Regional Medical Center in Fresno while others were rushed to nearby Adventist Medical Center in Hanford, authorities said.

Meanwhile, according to California Highway Patrol (CHP) spokesperson Jerry Pierce, the truck driver sustained minor injuries.

At present, investigators are still trying to determine the cause of the crash.

In addition, subsequent reports claimed that another truck and train collision occurred just a few miles away from the first incident, in which the truck driver was left with severe injuries, according to the CHP.

Basically, such train accidents consist of derailments, collision with other vehicles, and collision with trains. In some cases, accidents are due to mechanical failure and negligence. Incidentally, if the investigation on such accidents revealed evidences of negligence on the part of a certain party or individual, there are existing laws that could determine the extent of liability of the party responsible for the accident, according to a Los Angeles accident attorney.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Arizona Carjacking Chase Ends with Suicide

A high-speed carjacking pursuit in Arizona ended with suicide after the carjacker shot himself.  The apparent suicide was unintentionally aired live on Fox News.

Initial reports revealed that the unidentified man who was being pursued by the police was first reported to have stolen a red SUV and was later reported to have been involved in a car accident.

Subsequently, when the police started to pursue the said suspect, the man began to shoot at police cars and a Fox News chopper that covered the high-speed chase along I-10 outside nearly 75 miles from the California border, according to Phoenix Police spokesperson, Tommy Thompson.

Even still, the camera from the chopper captured events from the moment wherein the SUV was seen zooming along Arizona’s wide open highway, flashing past vehicles, weaving through traffic, switching lanes until it reached a grassy area and came to a stop.

Eventually, the man was seen stepping out of the SUV, took out his gun, and shot himself in the head. Unfortunately, the said incident was likewise broadcasted live by Fox News.

Consequently, its news anchor, on behalf of Fox News, asked for an apology for airing the shooting while admitting that it’s insensitive and wrong. Also, Fox News claimed that the mistake was the result of severe human error. Through its statement, Fox explained that although the feed was five-seconds delayed, its crews failed to timely cut the video feed.

According to police, the suspect died at the scene. Fortunately, no civilians or police got injured in the wild chase.

Apparently, high-speed police pursuit is getting wilder and becoming more fatal. Therefore, authorities should definitely implement a stricter protocol during wild-chase, according to a Los Angeles auto accident attorney.