Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Your Right to be secured in Another’s Property

Many people go visit the homes of their friends on a daily basis. If you are invited by your friend to his or her house, that friend has a responsibility to make his or her property generally safe and free from dangerous and hazardous condition.

If, while in the house of your friend, you slipped and fell, and sustained injuries because of it, your friend may be liable to you for damages. Your friend, in law, is answerable for the premise liability for failing to make his property reasonably safe from hazardous and dangerous condition resulting in your accident.

There are a lot of factors that could contribute to a premise liability. Dangerous property can be caused by failure to make repairs, unsafe products, building code violations, engineering problems, architectural errors, electric hazards and many more.

In any case, if you have suffered injuries, temporary or permanent disability as a result of a slip, trip and fall accident on another person’s property, the negligent party is answerable to you. In case of your negligent friend, you will be able to claim at least actual damage for you medical costs, loss of earnings and pain and suffering.

You need expert personal injury lawyers for . These lawyers are very competent in proving negligence on the part of the property owner and are adept in presenting proof of your economic and non economic losses as a result of the slip and fall accident.

Remember, even if you are invited to a friend’s house, that doesn’t mean that your injuries as a result of their negligence is free.